Why sell to Sweden?
1. Sweden itself has 9 million inhabitants, but if you include its neighbors and the Baltic Sea region, you end up with about 100 million consumers. Sweden's central location makes it attractive as a base for call centers and distribution centers, as well as direct marketing activities.
2. Sweden has among the top standards of living in the world.
3. Sweden is known as a country of early adopters, both for products and trends. Many companies are using Sweden to try out new products and services before launching them on a larger scale.
4. US Foreign Policy has ranked Sweden as the top three most globalized countries in the world, using examples such as Volvo, Saab, Ericsson and IKEA.
5. Ever since the Vikings, the importance of trade is firmly engrained in the country.
6. Sweden is committed to exploiting new technology and the country invests a lot in research and development. This makes Sweden a good center for collaboration, research labs and innovation.
7. The country provides excellent opportunities for international networking and collaboration with its enormous pool of technical talent and excellent educational system.
8. Sweden ranks among the top recipients of foreign direct investment, with the majority being technology based.
9. Sweden has been called the most wired and wireless nation on earth where most people have a computer and use the Internet daily.
10. The following sectors are popular opportunities for exports: Computer Software, Travel & Tourism, Computer Hardware, Biotechnology, Automotive parts, Telecommunications services, Renewable Energy Equipment, Pollution Control Equipment, Drugs and Pharmaceuticals, Telecommunications Equipment, Security and Safety Equipment, Sports and Leisure Products.